Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Announcement From Prevuze

Rolf studies the NY times bestseller, "Lose your accent."

He runs through his exercises, "Betty Butter zaid if I use zis butter it vill make my batter bitter." He stops to consider Betty's plight, "Zhrow out zee zpoiled batter, you dumbkoff." Rolf gripes. John comes into the room and Rolf complains about having to go through this.

"It's easy," says John, "Rubberbabybuggybumpers. Just keep trying and lose the accent or go back to jail."

John tells Rolf he knows Victor has a valet and he wants one, too. Rolf protests, "But I prevorm zat vunction."

"I know," says John, "But I want a better butler not a bitter butler." Rolf tells him a man called and said another Kiriakis shipment will be at the docks tomorrow. John says it will never get unloaded. Rolf thinks Phillip and Victor will make this personal. The doorbell rings. John sends Rolf to answer it.

As Rolf announces it's Marlena, John straightens his tie, "So, Blondie, what are you doing visiting me?" Marlena smiles.

Chloe and Chelsea join Phillip and Victor for dinner. Victor tells them he has invited another guest. The butler brings The Great Healer into the room.

Marlena is a little uncomfortable with Rolf there. John looks over at him, "Go buttle something." Marlena wonders why John keeps him around. John explains, "He tortured me and now I'm torturing him." Marlena says Sami called her and asked to meet her there.

Sami and EJ show up. Sami says, "I need your help. Mom, you and John are the only ones who can help us."

"In other words," says John, "You're up a creek without a paddle."

Victor serves champagne to his dinner guests. Still pickled from her adventure last week, Chelsea decides to stay away from alcohol for a while, "But I'll have a bit of ecstasy if you're serving that later." Victor toasts Phillip, Chelsea and finishes it off with a toast to the great man of medicine, "To Daniel, who saved both my son and my granddaughter."

Everyone drinks up. After a moment of silence, Chloe raises her glass, "To me."

Kate shows up, "Am I interrupting?" She's just there to check on Chelsea. Victor invites her to dinner. Kate protests but finally agrees.

Victor tells Kate, "We're celebrating Bo's recovery, Chelsea's recovery, the doctor who performed the operation and Phillip's success at Kiriakis shipping."

Chloe chimes in, "And me for being me."

Kate smiles, "I'm sure this is an evening we'll never forget."

"I'm already trying to forget it," says Chloe.

Marlena asks Rolf if there is somewhere else he can go. John gives him the accent book. "I'm goink to vait until zee movie comez out," says Rolf.

John grits his teeth, "I hear they show a movie once a month in prison."

Rolf leaves. Sami steps up to the plate with her sob story, "They want to deport EJ."

John asks, "And the problem is?"

Sami stammers through her sad story. She thinks John doesn't get it and they should go. Marlena asks them to let her and John help. Sami also is having trouble paying the rent. EJ chimes in and tells them he has a job.

"So you kids need money," says John, "I keep shelling out to family members and children I don't remember." Sami says it's more complicated than money.

Everyone toasts Victor. Daniel talks about a medical case in Italy. Kate toasts the knight in shining armor. Chloe motions to Henderson for more wine. Daniel talks about surfing in France and says he lost his shirt gambling.

Kate puts down her fork, "I have to stop or there goes my body."

Daniel does not miss the opportunity, "You have no worries with that body."

Victor announces he has a special dessert, "It involves chocolate." Chelsea tries to guess what it is. Victor smiles, "My lips are sealed. Too bad that's not the case with everyone here."

Phillip says, "This is just great ��� having all this family under one roof.

Chloe says, "Yeah, we're a regular 'Little House On The Prairie.'"

EJ explains the INS guy is putting pressure on them. They ask to move in with Marlena.

Marlena stammers. John smiles and enjoys the show. Marlena thinks her place isn't big enough. She offers to get a bigger place. Sami is stunned she would do that. John plays it coy. Suddenly, Marlena blurts out, "I've changed my mind." All that room in there makes it easy to change direction.

Henderson serves a serious chocolate dessert. Chloe says, "It tastes like I've died and gone to heaven." Everyone gives her a look like they wish she would. Daniel extols the medicinal virtues of red wine and chocolate.

It seems Daniel went to one of Chloe's performances in Vienna, "You were terrific," he says, "and I recovered my hearing in about a month."

"It's nice to hear a compliment for a change," says Chloe, "And I just love talking about Vienna."

Victor grumbles, "You haven't stopped talking all evening." Chloe slams her napkin onto the table and storms out. Phillip hesitates then follows.

Chloe broods and remembers telling Phillip she didn't get the job. Phillip finds her and tells her not to let Victor get to her. Chloe says she's tired of everyone pointing the finger at her. "What can I do to make things better," asks Phillip.

"Have your father apologize."

John thinks Marlena changed her mind pretty quickly, "That's women for ya."

EJ smiles. Sami jams her elbow into his gut. "What," asks EJ, "I didn't say anything."

"You were thinking it," says Sami. Marlena thinks it would be better if they stay with John. John practically swallows his cigar.

Victor apologizes for his outburst. Kate takes him aside and gives him some advice, "If you continue to insult her you will drive her right into Phillip's arms."

"Arms," says Victor, "I forgot, does Phillip have two of them left?"

Chelsea brings Daniel up to date on her lineage. The brilliant doctor can't follow all the complicated twists and turns, "I'm going to have to meditate on this one. Actually medicate. Wow."

Sami thinks Marlena's idea is unbelievable. Marlena tries to convince her. "John is nuts," says Sami, "It's all kinds of weird."

As they talk, Rolf walks up, "Cheeze doodlez?"

They send him away. "OK," says Marlena, "It's weird. You don't have a lot of options, though."

"John is just so bizarre," says Sami.

"See," says Marlena, "You'll fit right in." They go 'round the bend and then Sami suggests Marlena could move in, too. John relaxes and blows smoke rings.

"That man is not my husband," says Marlena, "But maybe if I moved in here I could help him become the man he used to be."

Sami asks, "You mean the one who doesn't look before he crosses the street?"

John offers EJ a cuban. EJ declines. He doesn't want a cigar either. He says he's glad he's separated from the DiMeras and doesn't have to do things like pretend he likes cigars when he really doesn't. He says he's a changed man and doesn't want anything to do with Stefano any more. "Thanks to Stefano I'm a changed man, too," says John, "But I'm getting used to it. The memory part kind of bugs me. So are you serious about you and the little blonde moving in? I don't feel comfortable hanging out with Stefano's kid."

"I'm not the man I used to be," says EJ.

"Neither am I," says John. He turns to Rolf and asks, "Can you handle them moving in?"

"I'd zooner choke on a zchnitzel," says Rolf.

"I feel the same," says John, "Although it would be a good way to keep an eye on anyone trying to pull off a DiMera coup."

Daniel can't believe the family tree. Phillip and Chloe return. Kate encourages Victor to apologize.

Victor does his best, "I am very sorry you married my grandson and I'm sorry he's missing and you think I think you're responsible."

Chloe explodes, "You call that an apology?"

Kate decides the dessert is so good she will eat the whole thing. Daniel appreciates a woman who enjoys the sensual pleasures. The doorbell rings again and Victor rages about the lack of peace and quiet.

Marlena says it's out of the question for her to move in. "Oh," says Sami, "So you think it's OK for me to live in this parallel universe, but not you?" Marlena says she would have to talk to John about it.

EJ compliments Rolf on his cheese puffs. "Zank you," says Rolf, "Itz and olt vamily vormula."

"You don't mean formula," says EJ, "You mean recipe."

John corrects him, "No, he means formula. He's a mad scientist."

Marlena and Sami join them. Sami suffocates on the smoke and waves it off. Marlena asks about Sami and EJ moving in, and then tells him to blow the smoke in another direction, "It stinks."

"What stinks," says John, "Is this plan." Marlena announces she would be moving in, too.

Rolf gasps, "NO! Zhe pullt zee gun on me."

John smiles, "Yeah. That was kind of sexy."

"Everybody stay focused," says Marlena.
So what you're saying," says John, "is we'd have the crazy couple, the brainwashed dad, the gun totin' mom and the mad scientist all under one roof. I'll have to think about it."

Victor and Chloe argue. Chloe doesn't think his apology was sincere, "I've seen the looks you've been shooting me."

"I wish I had something else to shoot," says Victor, "I want peace in this family and I'm going to get it!"

Nicole bustles into the room carrying either a large rag or a small dog, "Oh really?" She talks to the dog, "It looks like dinner is over, Pookie. We'll just have to settle for drinks."

You know, it just seems like in Salem, April Fool's Day should be a major holiday. In any case, we hope you have a good one.


Previews
========



Max tells Stephanie, "I don't want you to come down here any more."

Ava says, "I'll bet Kayla isn't half as much fun." Patch says, "We have some good times." Ava says, "Show me. Give her a kiss."

Kate asks, "What are you doing here?" Nicole says, "I'm back. I couldn't stay away."

Post Comments Here